Microsoft Outlook Express is a known email client that comes with various Windows versions such as Windows Vista, Windows XP, and other older versions. Outlook Express saves data in DBX file format to store data. In the year 2014, Microsoft ended the support for Outlook Express and after that many users have exported their Outlook Express emails to Outlook. However, many still wants an efficient way to export emails from Outlook Express to Outlook 2016, 2019.
Why Import Outlook Express to Outlook 2016?
- MS Outlook Express is easy to use with Windows XP and Vista which are both old Operating System. When user upgrades Windows, then surely do not want to use Outlook Express. For such a situation, shift Outlook Express emails to Outlook becomes a need.
- The main problem with Outlook Express is, it is an old email client and sometimes speed causes a problem. Whereas Outlook is an advanced email application and offers easy to use Graphical User Interface and better features as compared to Outlook Express.
- The main reason to export DBX to PST is Outlook Express only provide mails and contact services. However, Outlook provides much more such as To-do lists, Notes, Contacts, Journals, etc.
The above mentioned problems create a need to convert DBX file to PST in Windows 10. Users must wants to know how to export Outlook Express to Outlook?
How to Export DBX to PST?
As far as ways to convert DBX to PST is concerned, users can choose Import-Export utility. As Outlook Express uses the DBX file format to save the emails but Outlook uses PST file format to save Outlook data and due to different file formats, DBX to PST conversion is a troublesome task. Let’s start:
Import and Export Option:
- Outlook 2010: Launch Outlook, click on the File tab and select Open and select the ‘Import’ option.
- Outlook 2007: Open Outlook, go to the File menu, and click on the ‘Import and Export’ option.
- An import dialog box will open. Now select the Import Internet Mail and Addresses option and click on ‘Next’ button.
- Select Outlook Express option and check the Import mail check box. Click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Press the ‘Finish’ button. To save the summary, click on the save in the Inbox option.
The above mentioned process is a manual process for Outlook Express to Outlook conversion. In the situation, where Outlook and Outlook Express are installed on different systems, then you first need to locate and shift DBX files to the system where Outlook is configured.
Obstacles of Manual Method:
- This is absolutely true that manual method is a free of cost method but certain limitations are attached to it. Some of them are described below:
- This method is time-consuming, lengthy and above this, it does not guarantee the successful migration.
- There are chances of coming across minute errors which may affect data integrity. There are chances of losing Outlook Express data.
- User has to technically sound then only manual method can give fruitful results.
- OE DBX files may get damaged during export process from DBX to PST.
To avoid the data loss risk, users prefer using third-party software application.
DBX to PST Converter:
- DBX to PST Converter is an expert software application for importing Outlook Express emails to Outlook. This software is designed keeping in view the user’s requirements. This advanced software application provides the freeware demo edition to test the tool’s efficiency and expertise in exporting Outlook Express emails in PST. The software provides immense of the advanced features for seamless conversion of DBX files in PST.
- The software aims at effective data export without causing any harm to folder hierarchy.
- The automated split feature supports the split of large size PST into multiple small sizes PST. As soon as user selects the size to split, this application will automatically split the files after reaching that specific file size.
- It provides the option to preview the added data before exporting into Outlook.
- DBX to PST Converter permits users to convert DBX files into PST files and other formats such as MSG and EML.
- The software is compatible to work with all editions of Outlook and Windows Operating System. It takes only few minutes to convert the DBX files into PST using few easy steps.
- The software is designed for all types of users so from an expert to a novice, all can use it with ease and comfort.
- The tool also displays the status report after conversion process gets over and users can save the log report for later use.
Sum Up: How to export emails from Outlook Express to Outlook 2016 on another computer is the most asked query by Outlook Express users. Here few methods are suggested to Export Outlook Express into Outlook. Now conversion of Outlook Express emails to Outlook is not a complicated task. Choose a wise and safe data conversion method.